Skip to main content

Poetry and Disco Dancing

Hi Lovelies,

It is Sunday. I have had a wonderful morning of not having to get up and do anything or be anywhere except in bed with Handsome Man and Softie Kitten. After a lot of running around... from Waterstones London Piccadilly to a rugby club in the valleys... this past couple of weeks it has been pure bliss. There's been all sorts of exciting things happening for a plethora of Parthian launches and S4C filming and other events.

On top of the publishing silly season, I also thought it would be a great idea to collaborate with Beth Greenhalgh on a new piece – Sex Change Disco – commissioned for Made in Roath festival. It turned out it was and we had a blast dancing with you all on Friday night. Although my immune system may disagree...












After taking the show down yesterday and painting my hair ready for next week's performance, I have been lazily catching up on my writer admin and social media. But now to get busy and gather ALL of my poems and poems in progress together to print and pack for a mini creative adventure.


I'm SUPER excited to be off on the Poetry Autumn Masterclass at Ty Newydd THIS week and grateful for the bursary helping me to go. It'll be my first visit to the house and everyone tells me I will love it. I am hoping the muse is kind to me and I can knock my first poetry collection into better shape while I am there.

I get back on Sat 22 October and then I will be zooming home, changing and then rushing down to the Bay to help finish setting up and running through the new bits of Sex Change Disco at Garden of Earthly Delights... come along!

Love and glitter,

Susie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WAR Best Poetry Collections of 2023: Hymnal

  Thrilled to see Julia Bell's Hymnal on WAR's ' Best Poetry Collections of 2023 ' list! Late in the 1960s, before Bell was born, her father and mother visited Aberaeron, a small fishing town on the west coast of Wales. Here, her father heard a voice – which he knew to be God – directing him to minister to the Welsh. Six months after she was born in the early 1970s, they moved to Aberaeron where he took up his first curateship. Over the next eighteen years they would move to various parishes within a forty mile radius: first to Llangeler a predominantly Welsh-speaking parish in the Teifi valley, then back to Aberaeron where Bell’s father became vicar, and then to a larger and more Evangelical church in Aberystwyth. This unique memoir in verse offers a series of snapshots about religion and sexuality. In verse because it’s how Bell remembers: snapshots in words strung along a line, which somehow constitute a life. Snapshots of another time from now, but from a time whic

Some Snaps from The Forecourt Fringe and The Laugharne Weekend

Well that was a Laugharne Weekend! Thanks to the lovely  Meinir Min Evans  for having us at the beautiful draped The Forecourt Fringe on Saturday and Sunday. Such a pretty stage to perform on. Thanks to my co-host, driver and star poet  Natalie Ann Holborow  and to my wonderful readers including  Oliver James Lomax ,  Mari Ellis ,  Rhys Owain Williams , Tyler Keevil,  Sion Tomos Owen ,  Anne Pelleschi  and  Lee Prosser .  Beautiful music from Sion and the man forever to be known as Tyler's (no good) brother. Thanks to Emyr Young for the photo studio Parthian is 25 shoot, and to  Jeff Towns  and  Huw Davie  for the book bus gig and gifts and to all of you who bought our books / us drinks and entertained/charmed/impressed us over the weekend.  I also really enjoyed seeing other acts at The Laugharne Weeke nd as well including  Euros Childs (favourite gig of the year so far), Joe Dunthorne, Garth Cartwright and Travis Elborough and having a really good dance to Eugene Defrei

Lettuce Crisis: 'Waste, Not Want'

  It feels appropriate to share this poem from my first collection Better Houses today...